Friday, February 05, 2016

Tour Diary: Day 9 Descriptivist Grammarians Unite

It's good to know that people are reading the blog... even better is the fact that some people are reading closely enough to assess my grammar... and, no doubt, my over use of the ellipsis.  It's true... I'm... guilty... some math teachers in Cleveland may be curious as to how an English teacher seems to be ignoring grammatical rules...

Some foolish inconsistencies are slip-ups I'm not really noticing because... who really sees all of the hobgoblins this early in the morning?  Right?  I'm also just hitting my stride.  I started writing this blog right before the change of a semester and right when I'm readjusting other priorities in my life.  So, in some ways, grammar is not my immediate concern.

These entries, to me at least, read as drafts... it ain't no "pro" blog that rakes in any money... I am raising awareness for my music and for issues with music... and we're having fun... sort of.  So, take that Cleveland! :) 

To illustrate my point... yesterday's schedule:

4am wake up
5am arrive at school
4:30 pm leave school
5pm meet friend at local bar (2 O'Douls!)
5:30pm making dinner
6pm gather equipment to play Myth and Moonshine in Canton
6:45 head out to Myth and Moonshine
7:50 set up and play
12am leave Myth and Moonshine
1 am sleep!
4:10 am cats break lamp
4:40 (after shower and lamp clean up) make breakfast/start blog
5:20... need to get to school.

As I go along I will work on self editing the grammer and speling.

Grimm

No comments: