Sunday, February 07, 2016

Tour Diary: Day 11 Wounded on Tour

Super Bowl Sunday!  Back in 2011?  2012?  When did the Black Eyed Peas played the Super Bowl?  It doesn't really matter much... but being the ever hopeful musician... I booked a show at Eric Ambel's super cool, but now defunct club, The Lakeside Lounge.  I really miss that place.  Anyhow... as you could imagine, not many people were there for the show... but no matter, Dave and I played a good set and we hung out for a little bit... watched the half time show... then we loaded out. 

Here's where it gets good.

So, it had snowed in NYC and the sidewalks were a bit slippery.  I was coming down with a cold, my itchy throat getting itchier, my sinuses blockaded with gunk.  Anyhow, Dave is loading his steel into the Fit and slips and hits his head on the corner of the door.  It hurt, apparently, but didn't seem to be that bad... I was sitting at the bar... he walks in and the bartender's face morphs from mild amusement at Slash selling his soul to the contorted countenance of someone who has just walked in on a murder scene. 

There was some blood. Okay, by some... I mean a lot.

Humans can communicate a lot without saying a word: disappointment with a flash of the eyes or attraction with a slight smirk.   Silently, Dave acknowledged the bartender's alarm-face, eyes widening and brow raised beyond comfort, and immediately went to the bathroom where, 25 paper towels later, he staunched the pulse of blood.

It was a long drive home that night.

So, really... I guess anything can happen...

So booking the June tour is going to take a break for a couple days until we can determine Colorado... that's kind of the deal... Since, that's what will pay for the tour...

I did write the music for one song for FAWM...  will not get to the rest of it until later... sometimes... when I start this process... I get bored... or just lose interest.  It's weird how that cycle goes from that circle to an awkward ellipse. 

So what.

Grimm







No comments: