Monday, August 23, 2010

movement on the ground




there are many bits and pieces to the process of putting out a disc... strategies and schemes that i don't think most folk know about...

one sheet: the one piece of paper that hopefully answers the questions of who what and where...
artwork: pics of the band, pics of the artwork, design that is appealing to the eye and not ironically opposed to the subjects within the songs...
presskit: formal introduction to the world
the emailing... OMG... the emailing... many emails... here's what I sound like:

Hi there, I'm Andrew Grimm from the Baltimore based Americana type band, June Star...

yup... sometimes I call myself Andy Grimm... Andy just seems a bit friendlier...

today's goals... contact all of my NC Carolina Press Links... send out promotional discs... whoo hoo...

thirlls and chills...

Grimm

No comments: