Tuesday, December 16, 2008

tip tap

"tip tap" goes
the drops of
water while "click
clack" turns my
brain. three in
the morning and
i'm awake. not
the restless awake
but the rested
alert awake i've
been searching for.
it is dark
outside and in
my bedroom a
warmth radiates from
the iron accordian
in the corner.
random thoughts settle
on school and
students, my work.
my job, my
ethics, my worries.
laguna the cat
pounces on my
foot. the prey.
the kill. in
the wild, my
other cat, honey
would not survive
too long I
think. she seems
to have no
claws. although i
didn't have them
removed, she seems
to not engage
them half as
much as the
purr box in
her throat. that
is a well
oiled machine. for
sure. coffee is
done. time to
go to school.
let me commit
this blahg to
cyber reality and
off i'll drive.

into the darkness.

grimm

No comments: