Monday, December 01, 2008

the quick and the dirty

disconnected from internet
more because of sleep
than anything else.

much has happened
in five days.

i myself would
not have expected
such shifts slowly
pivoting and reaching
to new horizons.

but these horizons
are severely short
of actual "newness."
they were the
things i knew
were already there.
just dormant, sitting.

push came to
shove at the
local tavern, and
i remembered my
words to students.

just walk away.
remember how old
you are and
act out accordingly.

the anger was
shaking in me.
the toothless clod
prying and poking
for a confrontation.
his thumb pressing
the sensitive nerve
and a reaction
expected was not
going to happen.

i spoke my
peace, i used
my language, both
fair and foul
foul and fair
ha ha ha
and walked away.

enough of this
talk about machismo
and doing the
right thing. there
was movement in
the recording of
songs I wrote
a year ago.
ten songs selected
from fawm 2008.
I will do
fawm this year
as well. my
intention is to
crank out as
many great songs
as i can.

songs selected for
the new solo
album, no order

breathe for me
a beautiful shot
turned around
drowning
pretty lies
smoke
no sense
waiting time
all my heart
non titled

grimm

1 comment:

carla said...

So you got in an argument over the Thanksgiving break, but instead of punching the bad man you cussed him out. I guess you need to protect the money making, delicate, string strumming hands.
Oh the holidays.
My own family almost came to fisticuffs, but one side declined, Thank god. Two chicks tussling on the floor would not have be pretty, not to mention the damage to the furniture.