Tuesday, June 08, 2010

spinning slower than usual

i remember hearing an article on npr about how the older you get, the faster time seems to pass. this concept rears its face, to me. to me, this school year has sped faster than any year preceeding. there are no brakes. even breaks went fast. two and a half days with students, teaching? laughing? warping? shaping? what?

my days have become a series of short episodes linked by spells of driving.

at no cost to myself or to the people around me. i look forward to the next step. wearing a guitar. shoving my face into a microphone, and squawking.

back to memory... because the wealth of experience carved into our brains, as we age fewer new impressions burn into memory. that last 15 minutes of driving you don't remember... now alert, you look to the left and to the right and think? "God I hope there weren't stop lights I missed."

now you know, maybe.

grimm

No comments: