Thursday, January 03, 2008

faint sparks

thought about being younger
when my imagination first
started to kick in and really
matter to me

4 or 5 years old i remember
waking up early in the morning
and looking at the bookshelf
by my door and seeing what appeared

to be a doll or small boy
limply hanging through the
the slats
to me it was fairly scary

i too remember a time
where i thought a swarm of
insects circled me to
get a lollipop that i was eating

oh and here's a good one
not on the imagination tip
but certainly a formative
moment in my learning process

i remember asking my mother
what happened to the food and milk
that i didn't finish at dinner
and she said, "I throw it out."

so the next night i refused
to eat my dinner or drink my milk
and got outside by the kitchen
door and waited

i expected to see my mother
open the door and toss out
the food on the side yard
next to the kitchen.

i waited and waited
still no flying food or
streams of milk
after waiting a good 1/2 hour

i went back inside and
asked, "when are you going
to throw out the food?"
to which my mother responded:

"I already did; it's in the
garbage."
"the milk too?"
"Yes."

"in the garbage can?"
"No down the drain in the sink."
"oh."
so much for my theory.

grimm

No comments: