Thursday, December 13, 2007

ice storm


i know i know it's been
a few slippery days and
no blog.
sounds like the same old tricks
i used to do. but no
i'm here now, and i mean business
iota on dec. 10th. fresh and nice.
oh iota, why don't you like us? your
audience does. your bartenders do.
your doorman does. lamest question
i get there, "when are you guys playing
here again?"
my response:
"i dunno, call the club and ask
them why they won't respond to my emails."
yes, there it is. i've watched some fairly
lame bands get some plumb opening
shows and i can't even get a call back? i guess
we truly suck.

master's work finishing up. my assertion
is that raymond carver's breakthrough story, "cathedral"
can be read as perfect point for point parallel
to william blake's four fold vision. it's been
fun to write but difficult to find the time to do so.
i should be writing that as i'm writing this.
i don't want to disappoint my two loyal readers. no
no i don't.

waterfront hotel tonight... solo as i can be. lawnchair
headlining the show. there's a band that has come
a long way. good for them. their new album sounds good.
adam, i know you're reading this. i've only heard a few
songs but they are good. i swear.

okay philadelphia. you killed my father and
now you're trying to kill me.

grimm

1 comment:

adam miller said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa... way to pull back the curtain there. I like the charade of posting comments and pretending that I don't have your cell number - like we can't just have a conversation. It doesn't feel so sneaky now, as if I'm reading your diary... you know, the classic sit-com story line.

Thanks for the nice comments on the record.