Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Tour Diary: What day is it again... Day 17? Update...I don't even know...

Here's what I wrote after heading down to NC:

A couple of things I learned about myself this weekend.  Traveling and posting to social media, blog-type things is hard to do.  I don't know how people do it... I wanted to compartmentalize some of the process... and then never got around to it... I want to document stuff... as it happens... sort of... without being that person who isn't enjoying the concert, or funeral, because he's too busy recording  it for later.  The only way I feel like I could do it was to wear a body cam... but that's just stupid. 

I guess part of the purpose of this blog is to really take my time to reflect and report with some accuracy about my experiences with traveling and music?  It doesn't need to be "real time."  So don't expect it... but you can expect real time pic updates...

Right.  So it's not that easy all the time.  But, rarely is anything... keeping a house in order, maintaining a blog, understanding love.  Regardless, we try, or at least we should try, because if we didn't, nothing really wouldn't matter, would it?  So here I am, again.

The past few weeks have been fairly busy with many bouts of productive/unproductive bursts in activity.  As I type, I'm listening to an edition of "Mountain Stage" which reminds me that in a couple of weeks Andy Bopp and I will be heading out on tour... here's where we're going, again:

3/22  The Boulevard Tavern, Charleston WB
3/23  The Big Room, Columbus OH
3/24  PJ's Lager House, Detroit MI
3/25  The Acorn Alliance, Pittsburgh PA
3/26  The Harrisburg Midtown Arts Center, Harrisburg PA

This is in advance of that new vinyl thing:  You're Still Here... see the image below:

Very cool:  You can hear the lead track at our Bandcamp Site.

That's it for now...

Grimm

2 comments:

... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
... said...

If ever you travel near or through Akron (Lord knows there's no good reason to be in Akron...), I will feed and water you while you write. No distractions. Keep fighting the good fight, Kerouac; keep fighting the good fight.

~Charity