Wednesday, March 16, 2011

vocal cord status

my voice... though weak
has returned. last night
we played the much vaunted
cicero's in st. louis. really
nice place... with nice
sound, nice sound person, good bands,
and really well crafted beers.

st. louis is home to budweiser...
and you would think that that
juggernaut of crisp bold american
taste would be everywhere... but it isn't

schlafly's... that's the brew to buy...
man... there was another beer too... hop slam.
dave handled that one... not me...

been giving my voice as much rest as i can,
still coughing up some nasty flakes of
phelgm... thick, sticky, green... ugh.

enough of my charm and candor... we saw
a wolf yesterday... walking up the exit
ramp onto a highway... at first we
thought, coyote... but they're much
smaller... odd to see something so wild
and "mysterious" as a wolf trotting up the
expressway... guess he had to get somewhere
faster than a rural route.

right now dave and i are in Pevely, MO. A
super 8 motel... off of Highway Z. I must
admit a pang of fear rifled through my veins
when I saw Highway Z was a real thing...

images of zombies lurching east and west...

scary dude, scary.

grimm

No comments: