Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tour Day Three 11/17

okay... so here we are... we drove to Boston this morning... but first I should mention Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn... you've been getting some fairly nasty press as being some sort of hipster womb. I have to say, being no hipster myself, that i thoroughly enjoyed walking around the graffitied streets... our breakfast was a bit expensive... but good none the less... good time were had by all...

our drive to the Boston area was absolutely uneventful in the most stupendous way... just drove... that's all we did... we drove... we got in a car and drove... mindlessly... we listened to some discs we'd been meaning to hear... especially Neko Case, Blacklisted... weird... she makes weird, and wonderful, choices with her instruments and her voices... good stuff...

but on to the venue... last we played in Boston, it was a disaster... the band wanted to leave... no money... no place to stay... scary stuff indeed...

this time around we played P.A.'s Lounge... which has received equal amounts of good and bad press in the band world... and although our initial interaction with the owners was a bit strange... distant... disaffected... I have to say that they really looked out for us... took care of us as they knew we were on the road... I think all said and done there 26 people there who really just listened to me and dave... there were two acts ahead of us... Caleb Blake, folky breathy stuff, and the Rockefeller Fortune, whom we had set up the show... after was were the family kitchen band... young guys... some good talent waiting to become old and second nature...

i really can't get past the fact that we played to an audience in Boston... strange... sold some discs and made some friends... we filled up one entire page on our email list! :) emoticons are great!

Financial Breakdown will have to wait until tomorrow...

thanks Boston, you are really really really sweet...

Grimm

1 comment:

Kwai Chang Caine said...

Kanye quotes from the new Rolling Stone issue...

"I'm not saying I'm the best, I'm saying its a goal of mine, and anybody who tries to knock my goals can eat shit.

My ego comes from knowing I can change peoples lives, I can make people happy, I can push art forward, and I can crash worlds together.

I'm the head of a team of creators, and I've picked creative thinkers that use their awesomeness to propel my awesomeness.

I like to bring up the fact that I can't sing dance or play an instrument, but somehow I made it to the mountaintop of music."