Monday, October 27, 2008

Ego and CMJ

Carla wrote: "I don't know, but I keep thinking of a word you brought up earlier. Ego. I am not sure how it fits in."

ego is my
enemy and I
know this to
be so true.

never can I
seem to function
as the musicians
I have read
about or seen
in person. they
are into themselves
because that is
a part of
the business. there
is a musician
in baltimore who
warned me of
playing shows with
bands that aren't
altogether there, yet.
pick and choose
who you play
with, he said.
interesting advice, indeed.

small ego small
success? correlation please!
Lou Reed huge
ego, Paul Westerberg
huge ego, no
doubt. if we
keep paging through
the catalog of
my influences ego
is probably a
main factor in
success. ego is
tough and slowly
I build mine
like some monolithic
tribute to my
superior artistic ability
swinging full golden
measures, vanquishing ignorance
and captivating the
masses, them swooning
and swaying lithely
to the thumps,
skips, scrapes, and
plinks of my
instruments plucked wildly.


Carla then wrote: "It is no fun to not have an audience especially when you and Timothy are such good musicians. You two play together really well and are both talented."

yes it is
true I do
think that we
will be the
underground band that
no one will
know nor discuss.
my ego is
resolved on that.
it does not
change my music
it does not
change my person.
id does not
hurt my ego
id does not
say my name
louder than ego.



Carla finally says, "In the meantime, there is also that old trick called ADVERTISING which can increase audience size."

oh time and
money you are
not my friends
both leave the
party as it
starts getting good.

street team, huzzah!

CMJ Marathon

we had a
nice crowd
attentive and listening
timmy and me
went through about
twelve tunes, altogether.
made a couple
friends and fans.
googies is a
nice place to
play. we enjoy
the crowds and
will work on
another show there.

the new york
times did an
article on cmj.
we were not
mentioned but Wye
Oak and Arboretum
were talked about.
we are under
the radar's radar.

hugs and kisses.

No comments: