Thursday, March 06, 2008

shoot the lights

so i get this
email right? from
myspace... about becoming
a member of hitt music group
i check out their website
and start researching the people
on their roster
not a bad collection of people
but then it starts getting weird
half the people i can't find
then i google some names and make
some calls
bad reviews start coming in
so i liken it to sonicbids or
taxi
anyhow, a rep a calls me
to talk about joining as a member
and i'm skeptical
i ask about him and as far as i
can tell he gives me a bunch of lines
he's 19 and makes 100,000 dollars a year...
he's never had a myspace page...
someone will actively work to promote my music...

don't seem right to me...

19 years old without a myspace page?
really?
did i mention i teach high school English...
and the majority of my life has been spent with
people between the ages of 14 and 19?

really?
no myspace... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

anyhoo... they wanted 400 bucks
to sign up for their service and they would
be immediately sending "Without you now" to
CSI: NY as an option to get picked up....

really? CSI? One of my songs? Hard to believe.

I declined the offer.

oohhooohoooh...

grimm

No comments: